1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
2 Let Israel say: “His love endures forever.”
3 Let the house of Aaron say: “His love endures forever.”
4 Let those who fear the Lord say: “His love endures forever.”
5 When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place.
6 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
7 The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies.
8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans.
9 It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.
- Thank God, always. When you are blessed, do not forget to thank the Lord. How thankful are you? I Thessalonians 5:18 says, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
- God is good, all the time, God is good. Even if life is not working, God is still good. Even if all hell is breaking loose, God is still good. Whatever the circumstances, God is good. Our problems change our perception of God’s character. Our problems do not change God’s character. Psalm 145:9 says, “The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.”
- His perfect love never ends. He loves me even when I do not feel loved. He loves me, even when I am sinful and bad. He loves me in spite of me. Psalm 100:5 says, “For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”
- I shall call on Him when life is tough. I shall call on Him always. Self-dependence gives a false sense of security. Only God will provide the only true security one needs.
- I am to fear not. God is with me, always. Isaiah 41:10 says, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- God gives me the victory. We carry around wounds and scars from battles against sin. Yet, we are still here. We are still here because God has one the victory for us. He has beaten the devil hands down! We belong to the winning army. Praise God!
- God is my helper, and support. Psalm 54:4 says, “Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.”
- I hide, and I am safe in God. I am safe in His everlasting arms. Psalm 91:1-2 says, “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
- I put all my hope and trust in God. It may seem difficult to talk about hope, when our situation feels hopeless. I remember the words of someone who once said, “At the end of the rope is hope. Hope is real, when our current situation makes it impossible to do anything in our own strength. Hope is believing in God’s power. Hope is believing the future is brighter than today. The best is yet to come. Isaiah 40:29-31 says, “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
10. What is God saying to me this week? He is saying, “Trust Me.” Are you trusting Him in all areas of your life?