Farewell Dan and Taneya Garrett
- Today, I have mixed emotions. On one hand, I am very happy for you both for moving on to The Salvation Army College For Officers Training as cadets. The Salvation Army College For Officers Training’s gain is our loss .
- On the other hand, I am very sad the El Cajon Corps is losing two of the most hardworking, Christ loving corps members and staff I know.
- You have both been hardworking, reliable employees.
- You have both been exemplary, passionate soldiers.
- You have both been loyal, supportive friends.
- I know the corps members, community members, volunteers, staff, and the kids join me in saying we will miss you.
- We greatly appreciate your ministry. Our corps has been better because you have been part of it.
- Our corps has grown, because you have been used by God, as part of the leadership.
- There are women, men, and children in church today, who, otherwise, would not have been here, had it been not for your tireless efforts.
- Dan and Taneya, it has been a pleasure working with you.
- Dan and Taneya, it has been a privilege serving you as your pastor.
- Dan and Taneya, it has been a blessing calling you friends.
3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. 5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”