- Today, I have mixed emotions. On one hand, I am very happy for you both for moving on to The Salvation Army College For Officers Training as cadets. The Salvation Army College For Officers Training’s gain is our loss .
- On the other hand, I am very sad the El Cajon Corps is losing two of the most hardworking, Christ loving corps members and staff I know.
- You have both been hardworking, reliable employees.
- You have both been exemplary, passionate soldiers.
- You have both been loyal, supportive friends.
- I know the corps members, community members, volunteers, staff, and the kids join me in saying we will miss you.
- We greatly appreciate your ministry. Our corps has been better because you have been part of it.
- Our corps has grown, because you have been used by God, as part of the leadership.
- There are women, men, and children in church today, who, otherwise, would not have been here, had it been not for your tireless efforts.
- Dan and Taneya, it has been a pleasure working with you.
- Dan and Taneya, it has been a privilege serving you as your pastor.
- Dan and Taneya, it has been a blessing calling you friends.
3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses.4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. 5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
One thought on “Farewell Dan and Taneya Garrett”
Thanks Captain for your support over the years.
LikeLiked by 1 person