In Preparation for the Zimbabwe Mission Trip Fundraiser on Saturday
Rummage Sale and Car Wash
I am excited and looking forward to the ZMT car wash and rummage sale scheduled for this Saturday, April 18th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- All hands on deck. We will need everyone to participate to make the fundraiser a success. Based on past events, we will need much help. Please recruit your friends and family members to come help. We cannot do this alone.
- Preparation. Please join the ZMT team on Friday, April 17th at 4:00 at the corps to help move all the rummage sale items into the Senior Nutrition.
- Start early. Since the fundraiser starts at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, it will be prudent for everyone to be here at the corps as early as 7:00 a.m.
- Cash box. We will have cash boxes and money bags ready to use on Saturday. As usual, we ask that you be very vigilant and aware of your surroundings. The team’s safety is very important.
- We have put up a notice on Craigslist. On Saturday morning, we will post simple, effective Yard Sale/Car Wash signs around the corps neighborhood.
- Petty cash. We will have some change ready on Saturday morning. We will have $5s, $1s, and rolls of quarters.
- More items to sell. Please start bringing any other items you might have at home some time this week. Go through those boxes in the attic, shed, closet or garage and select items we can sell.
- Water restrictions. Helix Water District has reminded us to be frugal, and use water wisely. We are required to only use pressure washers, and/or hoses fitted with nozzles. The law is expected to change as of May 1st, 2015. We are safe for this event!
- Sell tickets. Remember, some people might not make it to the fundraiser, but they are willing to donate. Make sure you sell many tickets. Spread the word through social media, emails, and in person.
- Bring your dirty car. I was going to get my car washed last week. I was going to pay someone else, but I decided to keep the car dirty so that I can give the money towards this worthy cause.
Let’s have fun. See you all on Saturday!